Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rafting on the Salmon River

We had beautiful weather for the Memorial Day weekend (except for Sunday). The weekend was a little shorter than usual for me because I had to work Saturday morning. I worked 10 hours and then Katie and I took off for Salmon. We arrived at the campground just as the afternoon trip was ready to lauch. They were kind enough to wait while we changed into our wet suits.

Katie and I are really still in the raft in this huge wave.

We came very close to flipping the raft, but due to the superior captain (Vicky) and the fantastic rudder man (Katie) we made it through O.K. without losing anyone out of the raft! Yeah! It was tons of fun!

5 comments:

VicandNanc said...

Those are some great pictures! It was raining here & I was glad we weren't up in the mud! I'm glad you had fun though :)

Unknown said...

What a fun and exciting Memorial Day weekend! Great pictures.

pete said...

Wow! How exciting! You got some really fun pictures! We will have to go up there with you guys one of these years. :)

Ben and Becky said...

fun fun fun. hopefully we can go with you again sometime. glad you had a fun weekend.

Vicky Van Sickle said...

Nancy there was no mud. It was just cloudy up there one day, the rest of the days the weather was fantastic.