Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

For the first time I cooked a traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner. We got the receipes in Relief Society (I didn't get up when my alarm went off and missed the Irish Soda Bread demonstration). So here's what I made:
Corned Beef Brisket with carrots, red potatoes, and green cabbage.
Green Irish Soda Bread.
It turned out good. And Mark said it was better than what he had at the cafeteria at work. (I guess that is a compliment.)

Tonight I'm cooking my mom's traditional tacos that she always made for us, and a articoke for Launjing Guo. She is from China and has never eaten an articoke before. Launjing is moving out on Friday.

Yesterday, I was looking on the internet trying to help my son Jason find a job. As I read the National Guard site, I thought, hey I would like to do that. So I filled out the form. Have you started laughing yet? I talked to a truck driver this morning at work and he said they don't take anyone over 35 years old. The recruiter just called me, I laughed with him. Oh well. I desperately want to retire from the Post Office in a year, and I'm thinking I'll need to do some part time work.

We have Relief Society tonight and the theme is "Saving on your Budget", mmmm. Meanwhile my lucky sister in Logan is going to a concert I wish I was going to: The Nashville Tribute Band. We heard them play at BYU Provo. I enjoy listening to them.

I went to Physical Therapy today again. I'm so tired of going, and I'm so tired of having pain in my shoulder. The doctor said it would be a one year recovery, I just didn't believe him.

On March 10, 2009 I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I started taking some herbs on March 3rd when I suspected it, and a regular prescription on March 10th. I'm glad my daughter Amber is in the nursing program at ISU and brought it to my attention. Finally today, my blood pressure is dropping, it was 130/68. yeah! I wonder if my high blodd pressure is an effect of my surgery and pain, or my night work schedule.

Have a great day!

No comments: