Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

I made my traditional sloppy joes and warm cider with cinnamon sticks.  Years ago I made this when my kids when out trick or treating so they could eat, drink, warm up, and head back out for more trick or treating.  I would just keep it warm on the stove.

I added some fun and good meatball spiders this year.

This is as dressed up I got for Halloween.

  Since I don't have kids at home, I had time to go to this presentation about a man who rode his bike from Idaho Falls to Alaska!  It was very inspiring.  I would like to do something like this. 
 
I only had 52 trick or treaters come to our house this year.  That's half as many as we had 10 years ago.  I think the media is making parents overly cautious and paranoid nowdays. 
I didn't have any grandchildren come to my house trick or treating.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I was wondering how many you got! It's just all those dang trunk or treats & mall trick or treating that steals all of the kids away... plus kids are lazier cuz their parents always have candy in the house anyways so why go work for it!?!