Tuesday, January 27, 2009

There is nothing real exciting happening here.
January 19, 2009 - A big day for me, I got to take off my sling and throw it in the garbage. (As suggested by the doctor). I had thought my arm would resume it's normal duties, but I was WRONG. My new limits are no lifting with my right arm and to work at regaining full movement of my arm.

January 20, 2009 - my first day back to work after my surgery on December 9th.
I spent the rest of the day feeling really miserable.
January 21, 2009 - my second day back to work, oh man, my arm and shoulder hurts terribly.
January 22, 2009 - Thursday, my day off. The physical therapist worked on my shoulder for 2 hours to attempt to get it feeling better, and giving me working hints.
January 23 and 24th - I couldn't go to work, my shoulder was giving me too much pain.
So on Friday I went with Mark to the cabin. The boy scout troop he works with arrived about 3 hours later. The boys had fun playing games all evening. On Saturday Mark took the boys to Harriman State Park to go cross country skiing. I stayed at the cabin and read a book. It was warm this weekend; the lows in the high 20's and the day's high in the mid 30's.

January 26, 2009 - Back to work again. I am trying to be more regular in taking the recommended ibuprofen and tylenol to keep my arm going. But, I find after working for 4 hours my shoulder starts giving me a lot of discomfort and pain.

January 27, 2009 - RECORD COLD!
The low this morning was -29, and new a record. That broke the record set in 1957 of -14. It makes it so all I want to do is stay home and drink hot chocolate. It will be soup for dinner tonight.

No comments: